Monday, March 8, 2010

Alexa Makenzie Johnson was born! 2/13/10


Saturday, February 13th at 2:00 am I woke up to what I though was peeing haha. I hate to say that but that's what I though it was so I got up and went to the bathroom. While I was in there I noticed that it wasn't pee that I did because it had a red tinge to it. I thought that it could be that my water just broke but I was only 36 weeks and 5 days along so I wasn't positive. I had the doctor paged and when she called me back I told her what had happened and she said that I should go to the Emergency to make sure everything is ok. So I woke Matthew up and he was really surprised. We got our things together and arrived at the hospital at around 3:00 am. They checked me in and said that my water broke and that I was going to have the baby that day! Matthew and I were shocked! I wasn't even 37 weeks yet and I was about to have my daughter! I was supposed to go to work that day and the crib and dresser were suppose to arrive at my house that day as well. We didn't have anything ready for her to come home to because her baby shower was going to be the next Saturday. It was crazy! My baby was about to be born before her shower! Apparently I had contractions but couldn't feel them. The Nurse was very surprised how high my pain tolerance was. It wasn't until after I got the IV that I felt my contractions and even then I got the epidural right after so I still didn't feel them to the point that I was in huge amounts of pain. The epidural wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It felt like a pinch and before I knew it, it was done. I felt great after that! My legs were super numb. I was dilated 1 centimeter for a really long time. It wasn't until it was 1 or 2 in the afternoon that I was 2-3 dilated. Then and hour and a half later I jumped to 7 centimeters! At 5:30 I was the full 10 centimeters! Time to push! I wasn't scared or nervous but I was excited to finally see my baby! I pushed for an hour and she was born at 7:04 pm. She weighed 7 lbs and 12 oz and was 19 1/2 in. long. She was beautiful! She cried as soon as she came out and I cried too because I was so happy to have her here! Matthew got watery eyes he said and he saw the whole show and cut the umbilical cord and he did not even get grossed out by anything! I was proud of him. :) It was a day to remember! Holding her in my arms that day was the best reward and moment that I will always cherish!

2 comments:

Kayli said...

Good job for writing this down! You'll be grateful you did. That was such a happy day! ...Almost as happy as the day I got to meet her! :)

Erika said...

Hallo, I'm Erika from Italy and i came on your blog by chance! I was looking your baby's photo, she's so pretty!!! And i read with love your childbirth's story. I' a mum, too. I have two girls, they're 12 and 8, and reading your story i came back to my first childbirth, it was so exciting and i always remember it with emotion and tears in my eyes!thanks for having these emotions aroused me.
I hope my English is understandable and sorry for my intrusion.A kiss